Shazam Surpasses 300 Million Users Worldwide, Announces Exciting Updates
Shazam, a fun and engaging app, today unveiled that it has seen a tremendous growth over recent months, with the company reporting more than 300 million users worldwide.
“The number of Shazam users and their level of engagement continue to grow rapidly. We now have over 300 million Shazamers globally with an increasing proportion of whom use our app on their iPad or Android tablet devices to interact with television. This new version of Shazam optimizes discovery, engagement, transactions and exploration in a tablet environment,” said Andrew Fisher, Shazam CEO. “It’s the most efficient way to experience more of the media around you whether you are in your home or in any other environment throughout the world.”
With the growth of iPad users, Shazam has seen triple-digit increases among Apple tablet users, particularly for use as a second screen companion device while watching television.
Alongside a redesigned home screen and improved layout pushed out today, the press release hints toward exciting updates coming in the near future: The company is planning to redesign their popular app, integrating features like interactive mapping.
- An exciting new design featuring an innovative home screen that invites exploration to see what TV shows* and music people are currently tagging, as well as find out what’s most popular in the Shazam Tag Charts.
- An interactive mapping feature, enabling fans to zoom in to any city in the world to discover, buy and share the most popular music people are listening to in that location – starting at the continent level, then drilling down into the country, state/region, city and even to the town level, in some cases;
- An improved Shazam Friends feature, providing people with one of the best ways to discover new music and media from their friends as well as giving them quick access to preview and comment on their friends’ tags;
- Lightning-fast tagging, so that people can identify what they’re watching or listening to in as little as one second;
- Sharing that’s easier than ever, including a streamlined way to tell your friends about your finds via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and email; and,
- Automatic resubmission. If people are in a poor network reception area, they no longer have to manually resubmit their tags when they get to a better reception area. Resubmission will happen automatically, and the user will be notified.
Shazam is an application designed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that allows users to identify a song in as little as 1 second, and then get streaming lyrics, preview or buy the track, and more. US users and on a selective basis in the UK users, can tag TV shows ANYTIME for music, celebrity buzz, trivia and more.
You can download Shazam by following this [App Store] link.