Tubetime is a new all-in-one TV guide and remote app for iOS users, launched earlier this week in Canada. Users have the option of purchasing a reasonably-priced $9.95 CDN dongle to turn your iPhone or iPad into a remote for your TV, PVR and other electronics.
• Easily search, browse and personalize your TV guide to find your favourite shows. Tubetime works with all major Canadian cable and satellite operators.
• Set reminders so that you don’t miss your favourite shows.
• Be in the buzz, tweet, share and post on Facebook.
• Easily find and follow the Twitter feeds of your shows.
• Invite your friends to watch shows with you, see what they like, see what’s popular.
• By adding the connector to your iPhone, iPad or iPod, turn it into a remote control to enhance your TV viewing and home entertainment experience.
I took Tubetime for a quick test and the interface is clean and simple to use. The setup is easy to find your local provider via your location and doesn’t require any registration.
A slider along the top allows you to quickly jump to any time you want within the TV guide. What is neat about Tubetime is how social networks are integrated, as once you hook up your iOS integrated Twitter account you can start tweeting quickly, as popular show hashtags are inserted for you.
Once you’ve found your favourite TV show, one tap is all that’s needed to set a timer to remind you of its start via push notifications.
Tubetime was created in Montreal and looks to be a promising TV guide and remote app, with an Android version coming soon. Give it a shot and tell me what you think.
Click here to download Tubetime, it’s free.
Update 1:31 PM: We’ve contacted Tubetime and they have agreed to hold a contest for iPhoneinCanada.ca readers. Up for grabs are 5 of their infrared connectors ($9.95 CDN value) to turn your iPhone into a TV remote.
How to enter? Just leave a comment (with an email address so we can pass it onto Tubetime) below!
Contest ends on midnight PST on Sunday, March 17th. Good luck!
Update 2, March 18th: Congrats to the following winners–check your email! You have 24 hours to respond or new winners will be picked.
- Mike (email@example.com)
- Kim Stenner