Apple’s iPhone 13 Pro Offers the Fastest Median Download Speed in Canada for Q3
Ookla has released its Q3 2021 Canada Market Report today, detailing the status of mobile and fixed networks in the country, based on data from Speedtest.net.
Check out some of the Q3 broadband highlights below:
- Fastest fixed broadband provider: Shaw
- Fastest region for fixed broadband and mobile: Newfoundland and Labrador
- City with fastest median fixed broadband: Calgary
Mobile Q3 2021 Results:
- Fastest mobile operator: Telus
- Highest Consistency Score: Rogers
- Most consistent mobile operator: Videotron
- Fastest 5G median download speed: Bell at 183.39 Mbps
- City with fastest median mobile download speed: Halifax
When it came to the fastest combined performance for mobile devices, Samsung smartphones saw the fastest media download speeds of 67 Mbps.
But for the fastest popular device in Canada in Q3 2021? Ookla awarded that to Apple’s iPhone 13 Pro Max, which saw median download speeds of 164.63 Mbps, followed in second by its counterpart the iPhone 13 Pro.
Rogers was named the fastest fixed broadband service in Ontario, New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Labrador, again.
Jorge Fernandes, Chief Technology Officer at Rogers Communications, said in an issued statement, “our team is focused on building and investing in the best, most reliable network infrastructure in the country to bring world-class connectivity to Canadians, so today’s recognitions from Ookla brings us a lot of pride.”