Bell Media has been the exclusive home of the National Football League (NFL) in Canada, and it will remain that way for years to come, according to both companies on Monday.
A new long-term expansion of their media rights deal was announced today, called a “landmark” deal, that will keep the NFL on Bell TV channels including TSN, CTV, CTV2, RDS, web streaming, apps and also through TSN Direct and RDS Direct subscriptions.
“The popularity of the NFL in Canada has never been greater, with fan interest in the league growing across the country each season. We’re thrilled to continue to bring the NFL to Canadian fans through our multi-platform coverage,” said Stewart Johnston, Senior Vice-President, Bell Media Sales and Sports, in a statement. “We’re proud to extend and expand our longstanding partnership with this major investment, and to showcase NFL action across Bell Media platforms like never before.”
Bell Media said the following games are included with this new deal:
- THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL regular season games
- Sunday 1 p.m. ET regular season games
- Sunday 4 p.m. ET regular season games
- SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL regular season games
- MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL regular season games, including the new slate of games produced by ABC
- NFL RedZone, available every Sunday beginning at 1 p.m. ET, taking football fans inside the 20-yard line with real-time look-ins and highlights, all in one broadcast
- All International Series Games, including the recently announced game live from Germany
- All Playoff Games
- The Super Bowl, the most-watched television event in Canada
“We’re delighted to be extending our longstanding partnership with Bell Media,” said Sameer Pabari, NFL Managing Director, International Media. “This new deal will allow NFL fans in Canada to enjoy a comprehensive line-up of games throughout the season from Kickoff to the Super Bowl across the full breadth of Bell Media’s TV and digital services.”
Don’t expect American Super Bowl ads on Bell Media properties anytime soon, still.
TSN has been broadcasting NFL games on TV since 1987, prior to Bell Media acquiring the former’s parent company CTV in 2010, while the latter’s partnership with the league started in 2007.