Videotron’s flanker brand, Fizz Mobile, has launched service in Quebec and the Ottawa region, offering “introductory prices” right now. Previously, Fizz Mobile was beta testing the service to an invite-only group, but now service has launched officially.
According to the Fizz Mobile website, the following promotional pricing is available:
- $17/2GB (0 texts, 0 minutes); save $4
- $32/4GB (unlimited calls/texts); save $8
- $37/8GB (unlimited calls/texts); save $11
Fizz Mobile writes, “Enjoy our introductory prices up until December 19. Fizz offers you introductory prices to thank you for your patience as we refine our services and work through the last few occasional glitches.”
As long as you don’t change your plan, the promo pricing will remain in effect.
The following issues are currently being worked on with Fizz, according to the company. For iPhone users, Visual Voicemail doesn’t work yet:
- Inability to receive text messages (SMS) from certain companies such as Microsoft and Google.
- Inability for some devices connected to a Wi-Fi network to send or receive multimedia messages (MMS).
- Some services do not work optimally when roaming internationally (outside the U.S.A., varies according to the destination).
- Apple Visual Voicemail is not supported yet.
The company’s plans feature rollover data, which means any data unused for one month, rolls over automatically into the next. You can also “gift” data to other Fizz members, plus there are no contracts at Fizz.
A loyalty program called My Rewards is also available to earn points and to collect rewards. Points can be accumulated to reach bonus levels, which bring additions to your plan like permanent extra data.
Are you interested in Fizz Mobile? Let us know if you’re going to sign up and try out the service.