Rogers LTE Expands to 15 Cities; Businesses Get Share Everything Plans
Rogers has announced LTE has launched in 15 new markets across Canada. Many of you have let us know LTE was turned on prior to this official announcement:
- Nova Scotia: Antigonish, Fox Harbour and New Glasgow
- Ontario: Caledon, Midland, North Bay, Peterborough and St. Thomas
- British Columbia: Fort St. John and Shawnigan,
- Alberta: Chestermere and Leduc
- Prince Edward Island: Charlottetown
- New Brunswick: Fredericton and Miramichi
Also, the company’s Share Everything plans are now available for businesses, to allow companies to share a total of 25 devices (personal Share Everything plans are limited to 10 devices) including the first smartphone line.
Rogers says since they first launched data sharing plans in 2009, they’ve seen consumption increase by over 500%, with 19 million Canadians owning a smartphone and 5 million owning a tablet. IDC data predicts over 49 million connected smartphones and tablets by 2017.
Let us know how those LTE speeds are in your area! If you spot LTE being enabled in another area, let us know in the comments or send us an email via our contact form.