The popular $40/4GB Public Mobile plan ($38 after Autopay) has returned, in a promotion targeting customers from Shaw’s Freedom Mobile.
This “limited time offer for Freedom Mobile customers only” offers the following:
- 4GB/month on a 90-day plan on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network
- Unlimited Province-wide1 Talk
- Unlimited Global Text and Picture Messaging
- Voicemail and Call Display
- Sign up for AutoPay on Activation and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days!
- Only active Freedom mobile customers who port in their phone number by the communicated end date are eligible for this offer.
TELUS owns Public Mobile, the latter runs on the TELUS nationwide 4G LTE network. This plan will charge you $120/12GB, billed every three months. It’s up to you to manage your data every month.
With Public Mobile’s loyalty bonus, after five years, you’ll be paying $33/4GB per month (save $1 after year 1, save $2 after year 2, and so forth up to $5/month off in year 5).
Since our switch from Fido to Public Mobile, our mobile speeds and network coverage hasn’t missed a beat.
The offer ends June 30, 2017 at 11:59PM EST—and SIM cards must be activated before this time.
Update: The promo has been extended to July 6th.
Telus is taking the opportunity it appears, to nab Freedom Mobile users ahead of the latter’s implementation of its recently acquired wireless spectrum from Quebecor.
Let us know if you’ll be jumping on this!