Are you a Freedom Mobile customer? TELUS-owned Public Mobile wants you to switch over to their popular $40/month ($38 after Autopay) plan with 4GB of data.
This promo was set to expire on June 30th, but Public Mobile has extended it, noting in their forums “We will be extending our Freedom competitive response promo to July 6th 11:59 pm EDT.”
As a refresher, here’s what the plan includes:
- 4GB/month on a 90-day plan on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network
- Unlimited Province-wide1 Talk
- Unlimited Global Text and Picture Messaging
- Voicemail and Call Display
- Sign up for AutoPay on Activation and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days!
- Only active Freedom mobile customers who port in their phone number by the communicated end date are eligible for this offer.
With Public Mobile and their loyalty bonus, after five years with the company, your plan will be reduced to $33 per month with 4GB monthly (you save $1 per month every year after year 1; $2 per month every month after year 2 and so forth up to $5 per month after year 5).
Public Mobile announced the limited time offer on June 15th, but now it has extended it, most likely due to popular demand.
With Freedom Mobile set to expand their network due to new wireless spectrum obtained from Videotron’s parent Quebecor, TELUS looks to nab some customers unhappy with the former’s network, which is considered spotty compared to an incumbent network.
Thinking of switching to Public Mobile? Click here to follow our step-by-step tutorial on how to port your iPhone over to their network. We switched from Fido a while back and couldn’t be happier with the TELUS LTE network.