Telus has launched a Back to School promo for the weekend, offering up some PC Optimum points for select smartphone purchases from August 17-19, according to internal documents seen by iPhone in Canada.
Right now, the following smartphones as part of either a renewal or new activation will receive 200,000 PC Optimum points (equivalent to $200 when redeemed at 10,000 points for $10):
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S9
Also, for those looking to add a second line, a promotion has increased from $10 off per month plus bonus 2GB, to now bonus 4GB. This bonus data is limited to one per account, and is available for 2-year activations or BYOD.
Telus has also added new primary data buckets, with a $35/4GB option and $35/4GB + 2GB bonus available right now.
The promos for second line offers are as follows right now:
- First line added will get a 4GB data bonus, plus $10 off for 24 months, and $100 off a device.
- All other additional lines will get $10 off per month for 24 months and $100 off a device.
Other existing promos right now at Telus you should be asking about:
- CAA members in Ontario: save up to $150 off and 10% off your monthly plan, when activating a new Your Choice plan for 24 months
- Promo 2GB data: available for non-share plans on activations and renewals.
- 2GB bonus on data buckets: All 1GB, 2GB, 6GB, 8GB and 10GB data bucks currently have a 2GB bonus right now.
- Save $5 off activation fee: opt into pre-authorized payments and save $5 off your activation fee
- Retail Your Choice BYOD 40: The add a second line promo can be stacked with the BYOD 40 plan, which takes it down to $30 per month. The plan includes unlimited Canada-wide talk and text, caller ID and Voicemail 25.
- Refer-a-Friend $50: if Telus customers refer friends and family, each will earn a $50 bill credit (up to $300 in credits annually).