WIND Mobile is introducing a couple changes tomorrow, with one of them being the switch over to two-year WINDtabs and also a $33 per month back to school promo for students, according to two separate reports from MobileSyrup.
The new $33 per month plan back to school promo includes the following:
- Unlimited province-wide outgoing calls
- Unlimited incoming
- Unlimited WIND-to-WIND calls
- 20 cents per minute Canadian long distance
- 5 cents per minute US long distance
- Unlimited Canada/USA SMS/MMS, unlimited international texting
- Unlimited data
- World Saver add-on
- Caller ID, missed call alerts, conference all, call forwarding, call waiting (no voicemail though)
- one-time processing fee of $25 for existing subscribers to switch to this plan if they are coming down from the $40 plan, but no fee if you are moving up
- Ends September 30th
As for the new two-year WINDtab, it’s part of their “24 Month Pay Off Promise” where users can get up to $300 off smartphones like normal, but over two years instead of three, based on requirements from the upcoming CRTC-mandated Wireless Code.
This week, Verizon is rumoured to present a formal offer to acquire WIND Mobile, with the deal reported to be in the $700 million range. Despite opposition to Verizon by the Big 3, Ottawa has said the wireless spectrum auction will go on as planned.
iPhone 5 users on WIND Mobile, let us know if you’re going to jump on this!