WIND Mobile has announced a new promotion to lure over customers from other wireless carriers by offering up to $300 worth of credits based on the monthly plan you choose to sign up with:
- $20 per month, Unlimited talk and text will receive $100 in savings.
- $30 per month unlimited data, talk and text will receive $200 in savings
- $40 per month plan, including international, unlimited data, talk and text will receive $300
The credits received will go towards monthly services or add-ons (if you bring your own device or buy a device outright).
“We wanted to put the choice back in the customers hands” said Mirko Rugarli, Chief Marketing Officer, WIND Mobile, “We feel that those who bring their own phone to our network or buy handsets outright, should get the same benefits and discounts as those who purchase devices on WINDtab. Everyone should be given the opportunity to use the discounts we offer for the services they really want to use, which is why we’re letting our customers pick what they would like to save on, for themselves.”
Just recently WIND Mobile introduced revised monthly plans, offering three options priced at $20, $30 and $40. If you’re unhappy with your current provider and want to switch to WIND Mobile in your area, this just might be the chance (especially for students), although you won’t be able to use an iPhone on the AWS network.
Update: We have clarified the part about how credits will be applied. For those that BYOD or buy a phone outright credits only are applied to add-ons and pay-per-use charges and are not valid towards plan fees, devices or accessories as stated in the fine print:
If you comply with the eligibility requirements set out above we will provide you with a credit in the an amount as calculated below:
- If you activate on our WIND20 plan – You will receive monthly credits of $5 to a maximum of $100
- If you activate on our WIND30 plan – You will receive monthly credits of $10 to a maximum of $200
- If you activate on our WIND40 plan – You will receive monthly credits of $15 to a maximum of $300
The monthly credit is applicable only for monthly add-ons and pay per use charges and is not valid toward your monthly plan fees (that is, the $20/month, $30/month, or $40/month plan fee), the cost of devices, or accessories.