Apple seeded iOS 6 beta 4 yesterday introducing improved 3D Maps, enhanced privacy and bluetooth sharing along with tons of bug fixes while removing the native YouTube app from iOS for good. Today, Dev Team’s @MuscleNerd has confirmed that iOS 6 beta 4 can be jailbroken with the existing version of RedSn0w 0.9.13 dev 3 on Mac and Windows. Once again, it is a developer-only version of Redsn0w and is intended for app developers only.
Here’s what MuscleNerd tweeted:
JB devs can continue using redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 with todays iOS 6 beta4 (keep pointing redsn0w at iOS 6 beta3 IPSW) http://t.co/TeEvDCar
— Ⓜ MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) August 6, 2012
Before you proceed with the tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 6 beta 4 with RedSn0w 0.9.13 dev 3, please note that this is a tethered jailbreak solution intended only for developers and it won’t install Cydia on your device. It will only install SSH, so if you know what you’re doing, you can install the .deb packages yourself.
To use this new version, update your device to iOS 6 beta 4. The process is exactly the same as jailbreaking iOS 6 beta 3.
- Open Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 (download links given below).
- Click “Extras”, then click “Select IPSW”.
- Point to IPSW of iOS 6 beta 3 instead of beta 4. You will then get a pop up saying the iPSW has been identified.
- Go back to the first screen and hit “Jailbreak”. Redsn0w will start getting ready tojailbreak.
- On the options screen, you’ll notice there is no option to install Cydia, only SSH. Make sure that is selected, and click “Next”.
- You will then be prompted to put the device in DFU mode. Redsn0w will walk you though the process, or you can just go ahead and do it, if you know how already.
- Redsn0w will then perform the rest of the jailbreak.
- Once is is done, hit the “Back” button. Go to “Extras” and click “Just Boot”. You’ll have to follow the same DFU process as before. Once your device boots back up, you’ll be jailbroken on iOS 6 beta 4.
Below are the download links:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 (OS X)
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 (Windows — run in Administrator Mode)