Apple has released firmware update 3.1.2 (7D11) for iPhone/iPod Touch.
This is a minor update to firmware 3.1 that was released on September 9 2009 and supports iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. There is a separate update for iPod Touch users.
For Rogers/Fido iPhone owners, there is no new carrier file and the modem firmware was retained at 05.11.07.
Below are the updates in firmware 3.1.2:
- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not
wake from sleep
- Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular
network services until restart
- Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during
I have actually been looking forward to that second one, as that is something my iPhone 3GS is occasionally plagued with.
Remember, if your iPhone/iPod Touch is jailbroken and/or unlocked, you should not immediately update to 3.1.2, as you may lose both your jailbreak and unlock.
Note from the Dev Team Blog:
WARNING! At 10.20AM PDT on October 8th 2009 Apple released the 3.1.2 version (7D11) of the iPhoneOS.
If you care about your jailbreak and unlock, donâ€™t update your device -Â 3G and 3G(S) owners should pay particular attention to this warning.
- PwnageTool and redsn0w are not yet compatible with 3.1.2
- There is no estimated release time for compatible tools (please donâ€™t bug us about this).