After releasing iOS 14.3, iPadOS 14.3, watchOS 7 and iOS 12.5 for older devices, Apple has also released macOS Big Sur 11.1.
This release includes support AirPods Max, TV app enhancements, Apple News widgets, and privacy information on the App Store, to go with bug fixes.
Apple TV now gets a dedicated Apple TV+ tab and better search results.
You’ll now also be able to get an Apple News widget in Notification Center, while App Store pages now have app privacy practices written by developers.
For Apple Silicon Macs with M1, there are now “new window options for iPhone and iPad apps let you switch between landscape and portrait orientations or expand a window to fill the entire screen.”
Photos now lets you edit ProRAW, while Safari gets the Ecosia search engine option.
Apple also noted the following bug fixes:
- QuickTime Player might quit when opening a movie with a timecode track after upgrading from macOS Catalina
- Bluetooth connection status was not displayed in Control Center
- Reliability of unlocking your Mac automatically with your Apple Watch
- Trackpad scrolling speed may be faster than expected on MacBook Pro models
- LG UltraFine 5K Display may incorrectly display at 4K resolution on Macs with M1
You can update your Mac by going to the Apple menu in the upper left, going to About This Mac and then clicking ‘Software Update’.