During the Summer Game Fest Kickoff Live event, host and organizer Geoff Keighley announced that Microsoft would be holding its second demo event next week, showcasing over 40 indie titles that are in development.
In an Xbox Wire blog post, the company went in-depth in how the demo event will unfold and what players can expect. Last year, Microsoft held a similar ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest demo experience for players to get their hands on a slew of titles ahead of their launch for a limited time. This year’s demo event will work in a similar fashion.
Starting on June 15, over 40 game demos will be published to the Demo channel on the Xbox dashboard. Players will be able to navigate into the channel on their hardware and download each demo. Microsoft notes that these demos will not be indicative of the final build of each game. In fact, many demos showcased are more in line with “show floor demos”, traditionally seen during conventions and industry events such as E3.
Microsoft has not revealed the full list. However, the blog post has shined a light on five titles that will be available.
- Sable: Embark on a unique and unforgettable journey and guide Sable through her Gliding; a rite of passage that will take her across vast deserts and mesmerizing landscapes, capped by the remains of spaceships and ancient wonders.
- Lake: It’s 1986 – Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown. How will she experience two weeks in beautiful Providence Oaks, with its iconic lake and quirky community? And what will she do next? It’s up to you.
- The Riftbreaker: The Riftbreaker is a base-building, survival game with Action-RPG elements. You are an elite scientist/commando inside an advanced Mecha-Suit capable of dimensional rift travel. Hack & slash countless enemies. Build up your base, collect samples and research new inventions to survive.
- Echo Generation: The summer of 1993 is nearly at an end and a sleepy Canadian town suddenly becomes home to strange accidents and mutated creatures. Echo Generation is a voxel turn-based adventure game about a gang of kids investigating supernatural occurrences while battling monsters and mechs to save their small town.
- Tunic: Tunic is an isometric action-adventure game where you explore the wilderness, fight monsters, and discover secrets. You play as a tiny fox in a big world that is filled with mystery. A beautiful setting, tight combat, and a variety of items await you on this grand adventure.
The demo event will run until June 21 where the demos will be taken offline. Microsoft has said some may return to the Demo channel at a later date. The Summer Game Fest demo event will be available on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One.