How to Get Access to Inbox by Gmail with a Friend’s Help [No Invite Required]
As interesting as Gmail’s recently introduced Inbox email app is, not everyone can give it a try without an invite from Google. However, if you’re lucky enough to have a friend that’s using Inbox, turns out you can get access to Inbox on your own device with his help, even if he doesn’t have any invites to give out (via LifeHacker).
Simply follow the steps below to get Inbox by Gmail access without an invite:
- Download Inbox on your phone through its app store, either Android or iOS. You won’t be able to sign in with your account, since you don’t have access, but download it anyway.
- Have your friend log into their Google Account to your phone. For Android, you’ll want to do this under Settings > Accounts. On iOS devices, log in through another Google app, like Gmail or Chrome.
- Open Inbox and, when prompted, choose their account to sign in.
- Go to Inbox’s settings and select “Manage Accounts”. Flip the switch for your account to “on”. You should now have access to Inbox on your account.
- Remove your friend’s account from your phone. Again, on Android, do this through Settings > Accounts. On iOS, head back to the “Manage Accounts” screen in a Google app, tap “Edit”, and delete your friend’s account.
Once done, your friend’s account will no longer be connected to your phone, but you’ll continue to have access to Inbox.
We haven’t yet personally tested this so, don’t forget to share with us how it works for you.