AirPods Pro 2 to Reportedly Get USB-C, Heart Rate Detection, and More
A new report by 52Audio is claiming that Apple’s next-generation AirPods Pro 2 will bring a handful of feature updates, including USB-C support, the ability to detect heart rate, and even function as a hearing aid (via MacRumors).
The source has also shared some new renders based on this information, giving us an idea of what the next AirPods Pro might look like. Contrary to earlier reports, they will continue to sport a stem and look pretty much the same as the current generation model.
In terms of features, however, the AirPods Pro 2 will offer a significant upgrade from the original AirPods Pro. Below is the list of everything new expected in the next model:
- An updated H1 chip is expected to feature an upgraded SiP packaging system and self-adaptive noise cancellation capabilities. It will also offer improved power consumption.
- The AirPods Pro 2 are expected to support Find My functionality, allowing them to be located with the Find My app.
- Heart Rate detection is also expected to debut with the upcoming AirPods Pro, and according to the source, they will be able to detect heart rate from within the ear.
- The heart rate sensor may also support temperature detection, although this information could not be confirmed.
- The AirPods Pro 2 will also offer significant sound improvements featuring a “combination of customized high-amplitude drive units and high-dynamic-range amplifiers.” Self-adaptive equalization, spatial audio with dynamic head tracking, and audio sharing will be included.
- Instead of Lightning, the AirPods Pro 2 could adopt a USB-C port.
- The source claims the AirPods Pro 2 will serve as a hearing aid. Sound can apparently “be collected through the charging case and transmitted to the earphone for sound enhancement and playback,” with the aim of helping people with hearing loss better hear sound in the environment.
In the past, 52Audio has provided accurate information about Apple’s upcoming audio products.