For 2018, Amazon’s Prime Day lasted 36 hours and its fourth annual shopping event for Prime members broke records, according to the company.
Amazon says from July 16-17, Prime Day was “its largest shopping event ever,” surpassing sales from last year’s Cyber Monday, Black Friday and Prime Day, when taking 36 hours of sales into consideration.
The company told iPhone in Canada in an email the top-selling items in Canada on Prime Day 2018 (updated):
- Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
- Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, 6 Quart
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones
Worldwide, customers bought over 5 million items in each of the following categories: toys, beauty products, apparel, kitchen products, PCs and computer accessories.
Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon, in a statement. “Extending Prime Day to a day and a half this year allowed us to further reward members with unbeatable deals, access to exclusive new products and unforgettable experiences that highlight the many benefits of a Prime membership. All of this was made possible because of our many valued associates around the world – the global team that continues to make Prime Day bigger and better.”
Amazon says July 16 saw the “best sales day ever” for the company’s own Fire TV devices and Kindle e-readers.
Here are the top-selling items worldwide, outside of Canada:
- U.S.: Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use; 23 and Me DNA Test; and LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- U.K.: Bosch Cordless Drill; Philips Hue Personal Wireless Lighting Light strip; Finish Dishwasher Tablets
- Spain: SanDisk Ultra 64GB memory card with SD adaptor; Cecotec Conga Excellence 990 4 in 1 iTech 3.0 robot vacuum cleaner
- Singapore: Coca-Cola Zero Sugar; Play-Doh Shape and Learn Shape a Story; Kleenex Ultra Soft Toilet Tissue
- Netherlands: Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug; Philips Hue White Ambiance GU10 LED Spot; Sandisk Micro SD
- Mexico: Ace Powder Laundry Detergent; Amazon Basics USB Lightning Cable
- Luxembourg: Jamie Oliver Tefal pan; Brita water filter; Solar-lamp in preserve jar with USB connector
- Japan: Top Super Nanox Liquid Laundry Detergent + Extra Large Refill, SAVAS Whey Protein 100 cocoa flavor 1050g
- Italy: Finish Dishwasher Tabs All in 1 Max; Braun Multi-grooming Kit Precision Trimmer 9-in-1 for beard Styling; Hoover Rechargeable Broom 2-in-1 Freedom
- India: Redmi Y2 Gold 32GB smartphone; Tata salt; Mi 10000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank 2i
- Germany and Austria: PlayStation Plus Membership; Jamie Oliver Pan by Tefal; Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug
- France: PlayStation Plus Membership; SanDisk Ultra 64GB memory card, TP Link Wi-Fi connected plug
- China: Philips Sonicare Healthy White HX6730 Toothbrush, Braun Digital Ear Thermometer, Paul & Joe Beaute Moisturizing Foundation
- Belgium: SanDisk Ultra 128GB; Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug; Philips Hue lightbulbs
- Australia: PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console with Bonus Fortnite Content; FIFA 18 PlayStation 4; Philips Hue lightbulbs
For small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon, sales exceeded $1 billion on Prime Day. Worldwide purchases saw over 100 million items sold on Prime Day.
For Canadian businesses, feedback was positive regarding Prime Day sales.
“We saw a huge jump in our sales! It was the biggest sales day for us since the previous Prime Day and we are already looking forward to next year,” said James Edwards, Spektrum Glasses from Vancouver, BC.
What did you pick up on Prime Day?
Update: Amazon emailed to update the best-selling producdt in Canada was the Amazon Fire TV Basic Edition, and not Echo Dot.