Amazon Music told iPhone in Canada in a statement, “customers in Canada who do not yet have a Prime membership, or a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited, can now listen to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and thousands of stations for free on their favourite devices.”
Amazon Music says no subscription or credit card is required, with “thousands of stations” available based on any song, artist era and genre, to go with the service’s top global playlists and stations such as:
- “Pop Culture,” the ultimate global playlist for today’s pop music
- “Country Heat,” a playlist featuring the hottest acts in country music
- “Rap Rotation,” Amazon Music’s home for hip-hop in heavy rotation
- “Canada Now,” a playlist featuring trending songs from across the nation
If you have an Alexa-powered device, you can also say something like:
- “Alexa, play Billie Eilish” to hear a station featuring her music
- “Alexa, play 80s music” to hear a station filled with music from the era
- “Alexa, play rap music” to hear music from the genre
Ad-supported Amazon Music is for those without paid Prime memberships and Amazon Music Unlimited subscriptions.
Last fall, Amazon launched an ad-free version of Amazon Music for non-Prime members in the U.S., UK and Germany, but that version doesn’t appear to be available in Canada anytime soon.