The latest research note from Apple analyst and crystal ball holder, Ming-Chi Kuo from TF International Securities, reveals his predictions for 2020’s iPhone line up.
According to his Apple predictions for 2020 and 2021, here’s what Kuo believes is coming (via MacRumors), in the form of five new iPhone models:
- 4.7-inch LCD (single rear camera)
- 5.4-inch OLED (dual rear cameras); 5G
- 6.1-inch OLED (dual rear cameras); 5G
- 6.1-inch OLED (triple rear cameras; Time of Flight 3D sensing camera tech); 5G
- 6.7-inch OLED (triple rear cameras; Time of Flight 3D sensing camera tech); 5G
Kuo believes OLED models will support Sub-6 or Sub-6 and mmWave frequencies to support 5G networks.
Also—here are his predictions for 2021 iPhones:
- SE2 Plus (5.5 or 6.1-inch display)
- Highest-end model without Lightning port
So a flagship iPhone without Lightning port in 2021. Most likely a move to USB-C?
Back in February of this year, Kuo released his 2019 Apple roadmap. He nailed the releases of three new iPhones, along with new 10.2-inch and new iPad mini releases. He also got Apple’s 16-inch MacBook Pro prediction correct, along with the new Pro Display XDR, plus Apple Watch Series 5 in ceramic.
As for his misses in 2019? He said a new iPod touch was coming, along with AirPower, but that didn’t happen. He did get new AirPods right.
…more to follow