Apple Seeds New Mac OS X 10.6.4 Build 10F569
Today Apple seeded the eighth build of OS X 10.6.4, build 10F569. The current build comes just under one week since the last OS X build, 10F566.
According to reports, the current build focuses on Graphics Drivers, SMB, VPN, USB, and VoiceOver.
The build further includes the following updates and enhancements, which are unchanged from the last build:
- Resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or track-pad to become unresponsive
- Resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
- Address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
- Improve reliability of VPN connections
- Resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
There were no Known Issues identified in the current build.
At the end of March 2010, Apple officially released the public version of Mac OS X 10.6.3. At the time, 10.6.3 marked the third main revision to the Mac operating system, Snow Leopard.
The first build of 10.6.4 was issued in April 2010 and the second through fifth builds were issued in May 2010. The sixth, seventh and eighth builds were issued in June 2010. Mac OS X 10.6.4 will mark the fourth main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.