Apple Seeking ‘Radar Test Engineer’ for its Self-Driving Car Project
According to a new job listing, Apple is looking for a Radar Test Engineer for its self-driving car project, reaffirming the company’s commitment towards its autonomous, electric vehicle efforts.
“Apple SPG is looking for a Radar Test Engineer to join our Sensors team, which is developing new radar technologies for use in autonomous systems,” notes the listing.
For those who aren’t familiar, SPG is Apple’s “Special Projects Group.” The listing also mentions it’s preferred for candidates to have “experience in robotics control and automation.”
Below is the full description of Apple’s new job listing:
- Define, document, and execute test procedures and fixtures for experimentation, design verification, functional validation, and manufacturing
- Design experiments for Radar performance characterization
- Process, analyze, and review test data, compare with models and requirements
- Develop and maintain automated test drivers and test software to interface and collect data from Radar sensors and Radar test equipment
- Conduct post-test analysis of Radar data, draw conclusions, plan next steps
- Effectively communicate Radar analyses, conclusions, and recommendations at pre- and post-test reviews to management
- Plan, evaluate, procure, specify, and manage the development of test equipment and test facilities to characterize Radar sensors performance •Operate and maintain test facilities and equipment, and support test activities