Starting TODAY, June 2, 2009, any activation as a new customer or upgrade to the HTC Dream or HTC Magic, is automatically eligible for the $30 6GB Smartphone Data Plan! This plan runs on a 3 year contract and must be tied to another voice plan. So it is Voice Plan + 6GB Data plan under a 3 year contract.
BUT, WHAT ABOUT IPHONES!!!!!
Unfortunately it seems the plan is ONLY available to HTC devices at this times, but I say, try it anyway!
For those that want the plan with their iPhone, call Rogers and try to get it!!! Post back your results! Check the details after the jump.
- Price: $30 per month
- Data included per month: 6GB
- Time frame: June 2, 2009 to July 1, 2009 (expires on July 1, 2009)
- Overages: 0.50 cents/MB for the first 60MB, then 3 cents/MB thereafter
- Contract Term: Available on 3 year service agreement only or 3 year renewals
- Device support:Android Smartphones only: HTC Magic and HTC Dream
For those that want this plan on their iPhone, call Rogers anyway and put some pressure on them. See if you can get it! Let me know your experience in the comments!
If you end up getting it, as an existing customer you will have to renew your contract for 3 years. As a new customer, you must have a Voice Plan that is $30.01 or higher and then the $30 6GB Data Plan. With this package on a 3 year contract,ï¿½the 8GB iPhone 3G will cost you $199.99 and the 16GB iPhone will cost you $299.99.