Fitbit has just announced two new fitness trackers, the ‘Charge 2’ and the ‘Flex 2’, adding second iterations of existing products to its lineup. The Charge 2 features a larger display than its predecessor Charge HR, as well as interchangeable bands, while the swim-capable Flex 2 is an upgraded Flex with a completely new design, featuring a removable tracker that fits into bands, bracelets or pendants, allowing you to effortlessly track your all-day activity.
Fitbit Charge 2 automatically captures all-day activity, including steps, distance, heart rate, floors climbed, hourly activity, active minutes and calories burned. It also offers automatic sleep tracking, which records how long and how well you sleep in the Fitbit app, and lets you create a sleep schedule, complete with bedtime reminders and a silent vibrating alarm for gentle wake ups.
The Fitbit Charge 2 Classic Collection features textured, water-resistant fitness bands, offered in black, blue, plum, and teal. To help you create a timeless, upscale look, you’ll find premium bands made from genuine leather, available in blush pink, brown, and indigo. You can elevate your style even more with one of two Special Edition Series products.
Fitbit Flex 2 is the first-ever swim-proof, swim-tracking wearable device from Fitbit. Just like the original Fitbit Flex, Flex 2 makes advanced health and fitness tracking effortless with automatic all-day activity, exercise, and sleep tracking to show how your entire day adds up, keeping you motivated and accountable to reach your goals.
The minimalist display uses color-coded LED lights to highlight activity progress, and can even keep you connected with call and text alerts when your phone is nearby. It can also be accessorized with a variety of bands, bracelets and necklaces to match every mood and outfit. Wear it alone, or stack it next to your favorite bangles, watches, and other jewelry.
Swimmers will be happy to know Flex 2 is water resistant up to 5 ATMs (50m), and it can automatically track your pool swims as exercise in the Fitbit app, capturing your laps, the duration of your workout, and caloric burn.
Pricing and Availability
Charge 2 and Flex 2 are available for presale today on Fitbit.com and tomorrow at major Canadian retailers online, including Best Buy, Indigo, London Drugs and The Source. Prices below are on Fitbit.com, pricing at retailers may vary.
Fitbit Charge 2 ($199.95 CAD) tracker with a classic fitness band in black, blue, plum or teal
- Classic fitness accessory bands in four colours, sold separately ($39.95CAD)
- Luxe premium leather accessory bands in blush pink, brown and indigo ($89.95CAD)
- Special edition series in gun metal and rose gold coming soon($229.95CAD)
Fitbit Flex 2 ($129.95 CAD) tracker with a classic fitness band in black, lavender, magenta or navy
- Classic fitness accessory bands in seven on-trend shades of black, blush pink, gray, lavender, magenta, navy and yellow, coming soon and sold separately ($17.95 CAD)
- Classic 3-pack fitness accessory band hues in Pink (blush pink, lavender and magenta) and Sport (gray, navy and yellow) coming soon ($39.95 CAD)
- Bangle accessory in gold, rose gold ($129.95CAD and silver stainless steel ($119.95CAD)
- Pendant accessory in gold ($129.95CAD) and silver stainless steel ($99.95CAD)
Check out the following video of Charge 2 and Flex 2 by The Verge: