Facebook has today announced that is bringing back the Polls feature to Messenger, allowing users to coordinate activities and share opinions by voting in their group chats. The feature is now also available on the Messenger desktop app for both macOS and Windows.
For those who aren’t familiar, Polls are easy to use and let you skip lengthy discussions by giving people in a chat the opportunity to weigh in on a specific question or topic. Power users of the previous version of Polls will also notice a refreshed look and feel with new colours and an updated vote button.
Here’s how Polls work in Messenger:
Create a Poll:
- Tap on + and select Polls in a group chat
- From there you can add a question for your friends to vote by selecting Type in the Poll Question
- Select Options, then tap Create Poll to submit your topic to the group chat
Participate in a Poll:
- Tap anywhere on the Poll in the chat thread to bring up the Polls details screen
- Select Polls Option(s), select your answer, then tap Submit
All group threads with more than 2 people can use the Polls feature in Facebook Messenger.