Google has announced their Google Photos service has surpassed 100 million monthly active users since its launch five months ago. The company shared 11 facts about the service today, based on photos uploaded by users.
- 100 million people use Google Photos
- Food is photographed the most
- Weddings top events photographed, followed by concerts, Christmas, dancing, birthdays and clubs
- Photos of dogs appear more than any other animal
- Cars were #2 in list of things photographed
- Paris is the top photographed place, followed by NY and Barcelona
- Babies are the top photo subject searched for
- Over 15 million GIFs created
- 3,720 terabytes of storage freed from devices
- Sky, beaches, mounts are in the top 10 of things photographed
- Searches for “me” are popular
We are using Google Photos and it’s pretty awesome as it is so easy to use and its categorizing of photos and search is pretty stellar. We’re already deep into Google services so we’re not worried about any privacy issues.
Click here to download Google Photos for iOS—are you using Google Photos?