How to Enable Low Power Mode and Night Shift Simultaneously on iOS 9.3.1
With the release of iOS 9.3.1, Apple disabled the ability to keep Low Power Mode and Night Shift on simultaneously. The initial workaround used Siri to enable both features at the same time.
Today, 9to5Mac has posted a new workaround that works on iOS 9.3.1, but it is not as straightforward as the workaround for iOS 9.3. In order to enable both Night Shift and Low Power Mode in iOS 9.3.1, you must follow these steps:
- Enable Low Power Mode (Settings > Battery).
- Activate Siri and ask to enable Night Shift.
- When Siri asks you “In order to turn on Night Shift, I’ll have to turn off Low Power Mode. Shall I continue?”, respond by saying “yes”.
- Before Siri confirms the response, press the sleep button on your iPhone. (Note: you should still hear a confirmation beep from Siri)
- Unlock your phone and you should see both features enabled if you timed it correctly.
Here is 9to5Mac’s video walkthrough of the workaround:
The workaround takes a few tries before you get the hang of it. Let us know in the comments below if the workaround worked for you.