iOS 11 GM Leaks: More iPhone 8 Features Revealed Such as True Tone Display and More [u]
It probably wasn’t supposed to happen this way, but iOS 11 GM has leaked into the hands of 9to5Mac, which has been diving into the final build and revealing features about iPhone 8 and more.
If you don’t want to read about spoilers, stop reading right now, as these features will most likely make their way into Tuesday’s special event.
For starters, the first post from 9to5Mac shared a view of new iOS 11 GM wallpapers, which includes retro wallpapers. A video compilation of these new wallpapers are seen below:
Here’s what they found out about the next iPhone 8 according to this GM build of iOS 11:
- Portrait Lighting: Portrait mode gains “Contour Light, Natural Light, Stage Light, Stage Light Mono, and Studio Light”
- New video resolution and frames per second when it comes to video recording: 1080p HD at 240 fps 480 MB with 1080p HD at 240 fps; 4K at 24 fps (Footer) 270 MB with 4K at 24 fps (film style) (HEVC Footer) 135 MB with 4K at 24 fps (film style); 4K at 60 fps (Footer) 450 MB with 4K at 60 fps (higher resolution, smoother) (HEVC Footer) 400 MB with 4K at 60 fps (higher resolution, smoother)
- True Tone Display: OLED iPhone 8 has evidence it will gain this feature seen in iPad Pro models. Resolution of display said to be 1125 x 2436.
- 3D sensing feature will be called Face ID (known as Pearl ID internally). Video tutorial within the firmware shows how a user sets of Face ID.
- Included instructions on enabling SOS mode reveals the ‘notch’ design of iPhone 8:
- Jellyfish: reference results in new 3D, animated versions of emoji for iMessage
- New AirPods: iOS 11 GM references revised version of wireless headphones, showing an indicator light on the outside of the case on the front (showing as AirPods1,2), instead of inside the lid:
- New full screen experience ditches Home button; new line along the bottom shows area shows the ‘status bar’, as predicted by @stroughtonsmith:
— Steve T-S (@stroughtonsmith) August 30, 2017
- Side button (lock button): double-click will show Apple Pay; press and hold to bring up Siri; tied to new Accessibility settings
- LTE Apple Watch screenshot revealed—check out the status bars for cell signal (note the iPhone image shows a notch):
Update: MacRumors was also sent this firmware–here’s an image of Apple Watch setup, in what looks like the third-generation design:
If you thought the HomePod firmware leak was bad, this latest iOS 11 GM leak is even worse. Somebody is going to get in trouble me thinks…