The first early reviews of Apple’s iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are out, published by press invited to the company’s September special event and granted early access to this year’s newest iPhones.
The overall consensus with the reviews is the triple-rear cameras are fantastic on iPhone 11 Pro models, while extended battery life on the latter is also impressive. As for the iPhone 11, again people are saying it’s a worthy model itself and you may not need to fork out extra cash for the Pro models.
Here’s a roundup of reviews to keep you busy this Tuesday, in no particular order…
iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Nilay Patel / The Verge: Apple iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max review: the battery life is real
- Brian X. Chen / New York Times: iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Review: Thinking Differently in the Golden Age of Smartphones
- Scott Stein / CNET: iPhone 11 Pro Max: This year’s extreme iPhone is for camera and battery lovers
- Chris Velazco / Engadget: Apple iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max review: Better, but not groundbreaking
- John Paczkowski / BuzzFeed News: A Bunch Of Dog Photos Taken With The iPhone 11 Pro, Plus A Review
- Matthew Panzarino / TechCrunch: Review: The iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 do Disneyland after dark
- Raymond Wong / Mashable: iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max: The ultimate camera
- Lauren Goode / Wired: REVIEW: APPLE IPHONE 11 PRO
- Joanna Stern / Wall Street Journal: iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max Review: The Battery Life We’ve Been Dying For
- Stuart Miles / Pocket-lint: Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max review: iPhone gets maxed out
- Mark Spoonauer / Toms Guide: iPhone 11 Pro Max Review; iPhone 11 Pro Review: The Camera Phone to Beat
- Rhiannon Williams / i newspaper: iPhone 11 Pro Max review: The professional choice with a price tag to match
- Anabel Pasarow / Refinery29: I Tried The New iPhones — & Here’s What I Think
- David Phelan / Evening Standard: iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro review: Putting Apple’s new colourful iPhone range to the test
- Patrick O’Rourke / MobileSyrup: iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max Review
- John Gruber / Daring Fireball: The iPhone 11 and iPhones 11 Pro
- Chris Velazco / Engadget: Apple iPhone 11 review: So good you (probably) don’t need the Pro
- Scott Stein / CNET: Apple iPhone 11 review
- Lauren Goode / Wired: REVIEW: APPLE IPHONE 11
- Edward C. Baig / USA Today: iPhone 11: Great camera, long battery, but not a must-buy
- Gareth Beavis / TechRadar.com: iPhone 11 review — The cheaper iPhone is Apple’s top phone for 2019
- Lance Ulanoff / Lifewire: Apple iPhone 11: The Review
- CNBC: iPhone 11 review: Great cameras, excellent battery life and an affordable price
- Joanna Stern / Wall Street Journal: An iPhone 11 Review for Owners of Aging iPhones
- Stuart Miles / Pocket-lint: Apple iPhone 11 review: A perfect compromise
- Mark Spoonauer / Toms Guide: iPhone 11 Review: The Best Phone for the Money
- Rhiannon Williams / i newspaper: iPhone 11 review: Slick and stylish handset Generation Z will be lusting after
Apple launches its iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max this Friday, September 20. Early pre-orders from Apple.ca are in the ‘preparing to ship’ phase and will most likely move to ‘shipped’ early Thursday morning.
What are your thoughts on Apple’s newest iPhones after reading these reviews? We’re excited to try out the new ultra wide-angle lens on the Pro and also Night mode (not supported on the ultra wide angle camera, btw).
This post will be updated with more reviews as they are published today, refresh for updates.