iPhone 12 Release Date Leak: Coming the Week of October 12 Says Apple Leaker
Apple leaker Jon Prosser has shared what he believes are launch dates for upcoming Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro this fall.
Here’s what he said this afternoon:
- Apple Watch and iPad: releasing the week starting September 7
- iPhone 12 Event: the week starting October 12
- iPhone 12 Pre-Orders: the week starting October 12; shipping on week starting October 19
- iPhone 12 Pro: preorder and shipping in November; no exact date mentioned
According to Prosser, updates to Apple Watch and iPad will be announced via press release, meaning these product refreshes won’t see much screen time during Apple’s iPhone 12 event, which most likely will be a pre-recorded stream, like we saw during WWDC20, due to COVID-19.
New, adjusted Apple dates!
Apple Watch & iPad
– Via press release
– Week 37 w/c Sep 7
iPhone 12 event
– Week 42 w/c Oct 12
iPhone 12 devices
– Preorders week 42 w/c Oct 12
– Shipping week 43 w/c Oct 19
iPhone 12 Pro devices
– Preorder and shipping in Nov (no exact date yet)
— Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser) August 12, 2020
“With the staggered release of iPhone 12 and uncertainty of final dates for Pro models, there’s a chance that the dates could slip/change. I’ll let you know if anything gets changed! But for now, this is the info in the system,” claims Prosser.
Most recently, Prosser was able to accurately predict Apple was set to debut a new 27-inch iMac, ahead of the company’s morning press release. He seems back on track after some WWDC and AirPower prediction misses.
Apple did previously admit during its Q2 earnings call the iPhone 12 would be delayed by a “few weeks”, due to the coronavirus pandemic.