How to Reboot or Enter DFU Mode in iPhone 7
In case you don’t already know, the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus feature an all-new, advanced, solid-state Home button, which has been designed to be more responsive, and works in tandem with the new Taptic Engine, providing a precise and customizable tactile feedback. If you’re wondering how will rebooting the device or entering DFU mode will work with the new Home Button, since they are the last step on the iPhone troubleshooting ladder, here’s how:
To Reboot iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus:
- Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side
- While continuing to hold the On/Off button, press and hold the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone.
- Hold both buttons as the screen turns off, and keep holding them until the screen turns back on and displays the Apple logo.
To Enter DFU Mode in iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus:
- Plug in your iPhone 7.
- Make sure iTunes is running.
- Turn Off your iPhone 7 if it isn’t already.
- Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side of your device for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold down the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone 7 while still holding down the On/Off button.
- Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds. (If you see the Apple logo, you’ve held them too long and will need to start again.)
- Let go of the On/Off Button but keep holding the volume down button for about 5 seconds. (If you see the “Plug into iTunes” screen, then you’ve held it too long and will need to start again.)
- If the screen stays black, that’s it! Your iPhone 7should now be in DFU mode.At this point, iTunes should show you an alert saying it’s detected your iPhone 7 will allow it to be restored.
Tip: If you see any logos on your iPhone, you might be in Recovery Mode. Repeat the process to enter DFU Mode.