Apple has just uploaded a new video to its Support channel on YouTube, detailing how you can set up your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using an iCloud backup.
To restore your iOS device using an iCloud backup, here’s what you need to do:
- Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Choose a backup. Look at the date and size of each and pick the most relevant.
- When asked, sign in with your Apple ID to restore your apps and purchases
- Stay connected and wait for a progress bar to appear and complete.
Check out the following video to learn more about the process.