Today, RBC’s Wallet app for iOS received an update that adds support for Apple Pay.
- Start by downloading and opening the RBC Wallet app. Then, select “Not Enrolled?”.
- Enter your RBC Credit Card number, and your Postal Code.
- Select how you would like to receive your verification code (text, email or a phone call).
- Enter the verification code provided to complete the enrollment process and you’re done!
- Choose a credit or debit card from the RBC Wallet App
- Click “Set Up Apple Pay”
- Follow the simple prompts, and you’re on your way to making your next payment using Apple Pay!
Users are not required to use the RBC Wallet app after initial setup and authentication, despite RBC’s instructions telling customers to use the RBC Wallet app.
Update: article updated to note you do not need to use RBC Wallet to make Apple Pay purchases. Just hover your iPhone over a terminal when it says ‘tap’ and put your thumb on Touch ID (do not press the home button).