Previously, only Spotify subscribers in the U.S. could ask their Amazon Alexa devices to play their favourite podcasts but starting today, Spotify users in Canada can also do the same as the feature expands to 11 new markets.
Alongside Canada, listeners in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, Austria, and Ireland can now also ask Alexa to play Spotify podcasts.
Spotify subscribers can say things like, “Hey Alexa, play Recipe Club on Spotify” to access any of the millions of podcasts in Spotify’s library. To get things set up, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Amazon Alexa App.
- Open the menu, head to Settings, then Music & Podcasts.
- If Spotify is not connected, tap “Link New Service” and select Spotify.
- Link your Spotify account to your Alexa account.
- Say “Alexa, play [your podcast of choice] podcast on Spotify” and get listening!
Canadians can get started by checking out Recipe Club, an all-new podcast series from David Chang and Chris Ying which features different recipes for well-known dishes from somewhere across the culinary universe.