Spotify has announced users can now create playlists with podcasts and music combined, bringing a new “mixed-media experience”:
With this recently released, frequently requested functionality, users can build playlists of podcasts, or add podcasts to existing playlists for a mixed-media experience. Users can also set up a playlist of multiple podcasts in a row—perfect for a long drive or maybe a run—or integrate their favorite songs with news, comedy, or sports podcasts.
Users will be able to create playlists with both music and podcasts, or now add podcasts to an existing playlists. If you’re going on a road trip or just want to have an extra long playlist combining music and a podcast, it’s now possible to create it on mobile.
Here is how to add a podcast to a playlist on mobile, according to Spotify:
- Simply navigate to a podcast episode you love.
- Tap the three dots to the right of the track or episode.
- Tap “Add to playlist.”
- Select a playlist you’ve already created you like to add it to.
- Or, tap to create a new playlist from scratch.
- Play around with interspersing podcast episodes with music tracks to curate hand-picked listening sessions.
- Share with your friends or make your playlists public—others are sure to love them too!
Spotify says the ability to create a playlist with a podcast is limited to the mobile app, but will also make its way to the desktop, at some point in time. However, users on desktop can still stream these new mixed-media playlists created on mobile.