Square Enix is following up the GO treatment of its Hitman and Tomb Raider franchises with a detour to the sneaky, stabby, hacky world of Deus Ex. If you’ve played one of the previous GO games you’ll know what to expect from Deus Ex GO.
If you’ve never played one of the popular first-person action games, they take place in a near future setting where genetic enhancement and cybernetic body augmentation have been taken to extremes, giving ordinary humans superhuman physical attributes and blending their brains with computers.
Deus Ex GO is a turn-based puzzle infiltration game set in a stylized interpretation of the Deus Ex Universe. As covert agent Adam Jensen, you’ll use hacking, combat, and augmentations to solve the most intricate puzzles of the entire GO series and unravel the conspiracy behind a terrorist plot.
Here is a full list of in-game features:
– More than 50 challenging story levels
– Live Content: A new puzzle every weekday
– Outsmart a variety of new, unique enemies: guards, turrets, drones, walkers and more!
– Hack the puzzle: manipulate the environment to your advantage
– Augmented puzzles: solve puzzles using Adam’s iconic augmentations
– An intricate storyline that will keep you on your toes
Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO were surprisingly great games, reworking their source material into a turn-based setup that focused on planning and decision-making rather than straight action. This side-story to the Deus Ex franchise also looks to be great.
Deus Ex GO for iOS is available for download from the App Store for $6.99. The app requires any device running iOS 7.1 or later and contains in-app purchases that cost up to $8.