More and more businesses are temporarily closing to limit the outbreak of COVID-19, and now Tim Hortons has announced its in-store seating will shut down on March 17, 2020.
The shift means “all Tim Hortons restaurants will focus on take-out, drive-thru and delivery service (where available) and will close all dining room seating in most locations until further notice.”
Customers can fast track and bypass lines by placing mobile orders through the Tim Hortons app.
The coffee chain says “This is being done to contribute to social distancing that has been called for by public health officials. More information will be shared shortly about what this means for restaurant operational procedures.”
Earlier today, we told you Starbucks announced it had also closed seating in its locations in Canada and the USA, moving to all mobile orders and take out only.
“These measures will help us make a difference for the health and safety of the people we love, and the communities we live in and care deeply about, during this public health crisis,” concluded Tim Hortons.
Earlier this month, Tim Hortons ditched its ‘Roll Up the Rim to Win’ paper cups due to coronavirus, moving the contest strictly online to its mobile app and the web.