UK-based health technology company Vagus has developed a 30-second electrocardiogram (ECG) test performed with an Apple Watch app, a technology that could mark a massive boost for preventive healthcare.
By using a technique that measures controlled breathing at fixed intervals, Vagus has developed a way of vastly expanding the insights achieved from a 30-second ECG test made on smartwatches such as those produced by Apple.
“The Vagus method utilizes 1000 times more data than traditional ECG devices, which only detect the heartbeat and ignore all other data,” says Vagus founder and CEO, Gustaf Kranck.
Called Vagus ECG, the Apple Watch app uses advanced cloud-based data analytics and complex AI-drive analytics to summarise results and advice in an easy-to-understand way. The app requires Apple Watches with ECG sensors (Series 4 or later).
The app allows Apple Watch users to:
- Perform a 30 second ECG test on you Apple Watch Series 4 or later
- See from your iPhone or Apple Watch how your breathing and pulse are synchronised and get insight into your current state and changes in health.
- See and feel how your own actions affect the data and your wellbeing
- We recommend doing three test daily to learn how your actions impacts your health
- Insert notes to track your routines and actions
- Send the results directly to your doctor or physician.
The Vagus ECG app is now available to download for the iPhone and Apple Watch via App Store.