Update 1: Flipboard is currently down. Give it some time to come back online.
Flipboard has updated their popular iPad app with universal support for the iPhone and iPod touch. It has been optimized for the smaller iPhone screen, and brings a new feature where you read articles by flipping through pages like in a magazine. iTunes description below:
What’s New In Version 1.7
- New iPhone edition puts the power of Flipboard in your pocket.
- Cover Stories for iPhone, a selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now. And it gets smarter every time you use it. (Coming soon to iPad.)
- Speed. Flip through pages as you would through a printed magazine, all with the flick of a thumb.
- Flipboard Accounts:
- Sign into your Flipboard from either iPhone or iPad and get instant access to all your favorite content.
- Check out All Timelines. Flip through a single feed containing all articles and all photos being shared across all your social networks.
With Flipboard for iPhone we’re introducing Cover Stories — one place to quickly catch up on some of the most interesting news, updates and photos being shared with you right now. The more you interact with your friends and the stories being shared, the smarter Cover Stories gets. You can refine what appears here by adding content to your Flipboard, muting anyone you’d rather not hear from, and connecting to your social networks. Cover Stories will be coming to your iPad in the near future.
I’m getting an error when I try to install this, as “Unable to Download Application” pops up, even though I see the install bar progress. Keep trying and let us know how you like it (if you can get it).
Here’s an in-depth video of the app, via Robert Scoble:
Click here to download Flipboard–it’s free.