With all of this iPhone 4 buzz I couldn’t resist installing iOS 4.0 on my iPhone 3GS today.
- iOS 4.0 seems faster. A few flicks from screen to screen and I noticed a difference. All in my head? Maybe, maybe not.
- Multi-tasking is amazing. Double tap the home button and a custom list of apps appears at the bottom of the screen. (can’t wait for this on the iPad!)
- Folders are a fantastic feature. Simply drag the apps you want into a specific folder and they appear. You can quickly return to the home screen view, no lag, no back button, just tap off to the side or slide the folder shut.
- Threaded messages in Mail and a unified inbox system. Incredible and about time!
- Screen orientation lock. Instead of a hardware button like on the iPad it’s an icon in the multi-tasking menu.
- Skip/Play/Next iPod options in the multi-task menu make quick song switching a breeze without having to leave the running app.
- You can now zoom when using the Camera which is a nice touch as well.
- Google Maps has been updated. It seems more responsive. As well as a few icon changes.
- The inclusion of GameCenter app is pretty neat for those who actually play iPhone games.
- Another great new feature is the ability to click Listen when you receive a Voicemail notification.
Overall, iOS 4.0 looks to be a very impressive and long awaited upgrade for the iPhone.
Follow Me on Twitter @thiscantbe_it