Canada’s AgileBits has released 1Password 5.1 for iOS users, which brings support for the higher resolution iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus screens. Also included are Touch ID and pin code updates, making the auto-lock timeout now work better with the your master password. Also, new tags can be added to items, plus the ability to choose support for third party keyboards.
What’s New in Version 5.1
1Password 5.1 includes a number of enhancements and fixes based on your feedback.
1Password never prompts you for a review. We value your workflow too much to interrupt it. If you feel generous and have a couple of minutes, please leave a review. It makes a huge difference to us. Thank you in advance!
– The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are out. Were you one of the lucky millions who got one already? 1Password 5.1 has been updated to give you a beautiful experience on these new devices with 3x images and improved rich icons.
– Touch ID and the PIN Code have been significantly improved. The Auto-Lock timeout will now function across both the Master Password and Touch ID/PIN Code, removing the confusion the separate settings caused. The iOS Keychain will be used to store the Master Password when Touch ID/PIN Code is enabled, allowing Touch ID/PIN Code to be used reliably in the 1Password Extension. Configure what works best for you in Settings->Security.
– Tag you’re it. You can now add brand new tags to your items.
– Customer keyboard preference. Choose to enable or disable 3rd party custom keyboards within the Advanced Settings.
– Many fixes for the most popular issues and crashes
1Password for iOS moved to a freemium model just prior to the release of iOS 8. For $9.99, Pro features include the ability to use multiple and shared vaults, add more categories, better data organization with folders and tags, plus more.
Even on its own, 1Password and Touch ID work beautifully together, especially with its new Safari Extensions. This is a must-have password manager app.