Back in April, TELUS and CIBC announced a new joint Visa card, for customers to collect TELUS Rewards points, redeemable towards upgrades, accessories and more.
TELUS has announced today customers can now apply for the CIBC TELUS Rewards Visa Card at select TELUS locations and get instant approval. Previously, applications were process online and over the phone only.
Also, a new limited time promo is available for card applicants who activate or renew a 2-year wireless plan in-store:
- $100 off a new smartphone activation or renewal
- 5,000 TELUS Rewards points (worth $50)
Key features of the card include:
- Earn one point for every dollar spent using the rewards card
- Earn 1.5 points on all rewards card purchases at grocery and gas retailers
- Earn 1.5 points on TELUS purchases made on the rewards card – paying their monthly bill, purchasing accessories or mobile devices, etc.
- Earn additional points by signing up for pre-authorized payments and e-bill, or adding services to their account including Optik TV or adding additional subscribers
The CIBC TELUS Rewards Visa has no annual fee and requires $15,000 minimal annual household income, or $0 for post-secondary students to apply for the card. Interest rates on purchases is 19.99% and 22.99% on cash.