We just received an anonymous email from a tipster that noted Bell will be launching the 8GB iPhone 3GS on June 25th. We’ve also received word that Rogers and Telus will also be launching on the same date too–not surprising at all.
Apple will be selling these units one day before on June 24th. We know Apple will be selling factory unlocked 8GB iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 units.
Could the iPhone 4 be launched simultaneously for a surprise early release in Canada?Americans have received their iPhone 4 shipments early, maybe Canada is going to get some positive news on the 25th (wishful thinking)? These 8GB iPhone 3GS units are new, since previously the 3GS was limited to 16GB/32GB models.
Here are the details from the email:
Introducing the new 8GB Apple iPhone 3GS with iOS4
Bell is launching the 8GB iPhone 3GS, the latest iPhone from Apple that takes advantage of all the great features of iOS4. With iOS4, clients will enjoy innovative features that will enable them to keep applications open in the background, organize applications with folders and shop for books in the iBookstore.
The highlight features of the 8GB iPhone 3GS are:
1. Multitasking: Now you can run your favorite third-party apps â€” and switch between them instantly â€” without slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily.
2. Folders: Organize apps into folders with drag-and-drop simplicity. Get faster access to your favorites and browse and manage up to 2160 apps
3. Even better Mail: See messages from all your accounts in a unified inbox, organize messages by threads, open attachments in third-party apps, and more.
4. iBooks: More than a great ebook reader, iBooks is also an amazing place to browse and shop for books, day or night.
5. Phone: On iPhone, making a call is as simple as tapping a name or number. And Visual Voicemail lets you play messages in any order â€” just like email.
The table below outlines the pricing and agreement rebates for the 8GB iPhone 3GS:
Suggested Retail Price: $549.95
Agreement Retail Price ISPR: $200.00 (3YR), $150.00 (2YR), $50 (1YR), $549.95 (30 day)
Client Price: $349.95 (3YR), $399.95 (2YR), $499.95 (1YR), $549.95 (30 day)
Device / Inventory Handling Procedures:
- Please ensure device shrink-wrap is not removed and/or opened prior to the client purchasing a device. Shrink-wrap should only be removed in-front of a client during the sale/activation process. Clients wishing to demo a unit should be directed to the live demo unit on display.
- All devices and inventory should be stored in a safe place, out of sight, in a locked location to prevent possible theft. Inventory should not be kept on the sales floor.
Launch: June 25th, 2010
The agreement prices must be off, considering Rogers and Telus (and Bell) haveÂ lowered their iPhone 3GS prices to $99/$149 respectively for 16GB/32GB models.
Anyone out there going to purchase the 8GB iPhone 3GS and bypass the iPhone 4?