Lots of people have been taking advantage of US iTunes accounts to gain access to apps and downloads not available in Canada. Such iPhone apps like the recently released Skype or AOL Radio. Previously I showed you guys how to create a US iTunes account by purchasing a MasterCard gift card from Shoppers Drug Mart.
Today I’m going to show you how to open a US iTunes Account without a credit card! This following method comes straight from Apple and is for educational purposes only, of course. Let’s get started!
How to Open a US iTunes Account Without a Credit Card
1. Open iTunes and sign out of your Canadian account. Scroll to the bottom of iTunes and change “My Store” to United States.
3. Next, click “Create New Account”, click continue.
4. Agree to the T&C, click continue. Fill out necessary info, maybe use a secondary email. Set a password, security question and birthday.
5. Under the payment options, select “None” on the far right.
6. Fill in the name and address fields. In this case, you can see my friend John Doe is from Beverly Hills, California.
7. The next screen will require you check your email to verify the account. Check email, click verification link.
8. The link will take you to open up iTunes. Sign in with your new account. You’ll see a “Congratulations” screen. That’s it!
9. Go download all the free iPhone apps you can’t get in Canada (such as Skype and being able to call unlimited to Canada/USA for $3US/month!!). Plug in iPhone, sync new apps to iPhone. Done. Happy now?
Let me know how this works out for you. Armed with this method now, you can enjoy your US iTunes account without a credit card, or gift card!