Last Minute WWDC 2012 Rumours: New Mac Specs, New Native iOS Apps, Apple Store Down
With the kick off of WWDC 2012 just under an hour away, here’s a quick round up of some last minute rumours to keep you occupied.
Clayton Morris from FOX News sent out the following tweet to note his sources indicate two new native iOS apps are set to debut today, with Maps being one of them. As for the other, it could be the ‘Organize’ app, which is supposed to be a digital pocket of some sort.
Just as a teaser, here are some things I expect today. Multiple sources tell me we’ll see at least two new native iOS apps from Apple.
— Clayton Morris (@ClaytonMorris) June 11, 2012
…and for those new Macs that are supposed to debut today 9to5Mac reports they have their hands on the latest Mac specs, set to announce today. Here’s what they know:
- Normal configuration: 3.2GHz quad-core processor, 6GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, and the ATI Radeon 5770 graphics chip.
- Normal configuration: 2.4GHz 12-core processor, 12GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, and the ATI Radeon 5770 graphics chip.
- Server configuration: 3.2GHz quad-core processor, 8GB of RAM, Two 1TB hard drives
New MacBook Pro specs:
- 13.3 inch: 2.5GHz dual core processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive
- 13.3 inch: 2.9GHz dual core processor, 8GB of RAM, 750GB hard drive
- 15.4 inch: 2.3GHz quad core processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive
- 15.4 inch: 2.6GHz quad core processor, 8GB of RAM, 750GB hard drive (BTO upgrades to 2.7GHz quad core and 1TB HD will be available)
- MD231LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/128FLASH-USA
- MD232LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/256FLASH-USA
- MD846LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/2.0/8/512FLASH-USA
New Retina MacBook Pros (rumoured to be double the price):
- MC975LL/A – MBP 15.4/2.3/8GB/256GB FLASH-USA
- MC976LL/A – MBP 15.4/2.6/8GB/512GB FLASH-USA
- MD831LL/A – MBP 15.4/2.7/16GB/768GB FLASH-USA
I will be amazed if Apple has enough time to debut all of these Macs updates (they could be just quick slides), plus iOS 6, OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud updates today.
Oh, and of course the Apple Store is down. Stay tuned!