Here are the Final Bidders for the 700MHz Spectrum Auction [LIST]
As per its 700MHz spectrum auction timeline, Industry Canada revealed the final list of qualified bidders yesterday, which has a dozen final candidates remaining after three have withdrawn from the original list revealed back in late September.
Final list of qualified bidders for #700MHz spectrum auction now live: http://t.co/vQKrG20QmI
— Industry Canada (@ICMoreChoice) November 8, 2013
Here’s the final list of 12 bidders, with some details in parentheses:
- Bell Mobility Inc.
- Bragg Communications Incorporated (Eastlink)
- Feenix Wireless Inc. (owned by John Bitove, the founder and executive chairman of Mobilicity)
- Globalive Wireless Management Corp. (official name of WIND Mobile)
- MTS Inc.
- Novus Wireless Inc. (2.2% owned by Concord Pacific CEO; 97.8% owned by Luxembourg Famous Star SARL, a subsidiary of Famous Star Investments Limited, which is a subsidiary of Taiwan-based ASUSTeK Computer Inc)
- Rogers Communications Partnership
- Saskatchewan Telecommunications
- TBayTel (City of Thunder Bay)
- TELUS Communications Company
- The Catalyst Capital Group Inc. (Mobilicity’s largest debt holder)
- Vidéotron s.e.n.c. (Quebecor)
Three bidders have withdrawn:
- 1770129 Alberta Inc. (owned by Corridor Communications Inc)
- BH Wave Acquisition Corporation (owned by Birch Hill Equity Partners Management Inc)
- Vecima Networks Inc.
A mock auction will commence on November 27 for these bidders, to prepare them for the auction start, set for January 14, 2014, with winners to be publicized five days after the end of bidding.
The 700MHz spectrum has been described as “beachfront” property due to its capabilities to extend wireless coverage, such as being able to easier penetrate buildings to provide signals.