Roam Mobility Debuts New Unlimited Talk, Text and Data Plans, as Low as $1/Day
Roam Mobility previously teased new unlimited data plans would be coming and they have arrived. New plans today aim to lower roaming costs for Canadians traveling down to the U.S. and offer more flexibility.
Here’s what’s new:
- New Text+Data plan: The new Text+Data plan offers unlimited texting and unlimited data for $1.95 per day. Data is throttled to slower speeds which is fast enough for email and social media updates.
- Unlimited data: Now our Talk+Text+Data, Text+Data, and Snowbird Plan all include unlimited data. Plans that include high-speed 4G LTE data will now provide unlimited data at a lower speed when your high-speed data is used (300 MB 4G LTE data per day). So no matter how much data you use, you’ll always stay connected.
- Data Bolt-ons: Add high-speed 4G LTE data to any plan with our new Data Bolt-ons. Available in 300MB for $5.95, 500MB for $9.95 and 1GB for $14.95.
- New pricing: All Talk+Text+Data, Talk+Text and Text+Data rates are now just $1 per day after your initial 14 days (up to a max of 60 days)
- Flex Scheduling: Now customers can buy any Talk+Text+Data, Talk+Text or Text+Data plan for any number of days up to a maximum of 60 days.
- Flexible Snowbird plan: Customers can now add 1-month increments as needed to their 3-month Snowbird plan up to a maximum of 6 months.
In order to access the new plans and options, customers will be required to purchase a one-time upgrade to the Roam Mobility 4G LTE network for $1.95.
“In two years, Roam has completely re-invented cross-border roaming for Canadians,” says Emir Aboulhosn, CEO of Roam Mobility. “Our new 4G LTE network is powering the next leap forward in terms of roaming plans, features, and rates.”
The plans offered on the 4G LTE network offer much more flexibility in terms of scheduling. Customers can now also buy any number of days needed, instead of the previous options of only 1, 3, 7, 14 and 30 day durations.
While the Talk+Text+Data plan only comes with 300 3MB of 4G LTE data, it will switch to unlimited EDGE afterwards so if you absolutely need to be connected, you will be but don’t expect speeds to allow video streaming. Roam Mobility’s network is based on T-Mobile in the USA so coverage will depend on where you are visiting.
Users with a hotspot such as the Roam Mobility Liberty model, can purchase 4G LTE data-only plans starting at $7.95 for 300 MB (valid for 3 days) all the way up to $59.95 for 5 GB of data valid for 30 days.
Click here to check out the plans from Roam Mobility if you’re looking to stay connected with your unlocked smartphone while down in the USA. It allows users to setup their mobile plans at home so they automatically kick in once they arrive at their destination.