Monument Valley Wins the “Grand Prix” Prize for Best Mobile Game of 2014
Hit puzzle game Monument Valley, that has been download over 2.5 million times and has won Apple’s best game award for 2014, has now won the “Grand Prix” prize for best mobile game of 2014 at the 11th annual International Mobile Gaming Awards held in San Francisco (via iMore).
The event considers over 1,000 games for awards in various categories. With the exception of the People’s Choice Award, the winners are selected by a group of judges that come from both the game development and journalism industries.
Below is a list of other winners in the 11th annual International Mobile Gaming Awards:
- Excellence in Innovation — Bounden
- Best Quickplay Game — Crossy Road
- Guilty Pleasure — 2048
- Best Meaningful Play — Papers, Please
- Excellence in Storytelling — 80 Days
- Excellence in Gameplay — Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Best Technical Achievement — Vainglory
- Excellence in Audio Visual Art & Design — Tengami
- Best Multiplayer Game — Soccer Physics
- Best Upcoming Game — Prune
- Honorable Mention — Threes!
- People’s Choice — Vainglory
No spoilers here, but below is a chart of Monument Valley’s downloads after it got a HUGE endorsement within season 3 of House of Cards, which launched last Friday:
In case you haven’t already, you can grab the universal Monument Valley ($4.59) game at the following App Store link:
Download Monument Valley for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad [Direct Link]