G Suite for iOS Gets Corporate Contacts, More Enterprise Security Features
Google has today announced in an official blog post that in an effort to provide more control to G Suite admins, it is enhancing its Google Mobile Management tool by adding several new iOS features for enterprise security, including the popular feature request for managed corporate contacts. From now on, G Suite admins will be able to sync managed corporate contacts to their users’ devices, improving iOS device compliance.
Managed corporate contacts will offer the following benefits:
- Easy setup of contacts during MDM setup. The user’s corporate contacts are synced automatically when an iOS device is compliant, and no longer available when device goes out of compliance.
- Searching and calling contacts from the global address list (GAL) is possible from the native iOS phone app. Additionally, native email, calendar, contacts iOS apps can look up your GAL contacts.
- Caller ID is supported when receiving a call from a user’s corporate contact.
- If your organization requires your users to use 2-step verification or you use a 3rd-party SSO provider, your users will no longer need to use an App password when accessing their corporate contacts on the iOS device.
- If the admin blocks or wipes the account, the user’s corporate contacts are no longer available and they no longer have access to the GAL.
In addition to the above changes, Google is updating device restriction policies for managed apps, account configurations, Safari and Photos, as well as advanced security features such as allowing screenshots and screen recording, Siri, Apple Watch, and more.
For more information, hit up this link.