Freedom Mobile Extended Range LTE Launches in the Greater Toronto Area
For customers of Shaw’s Freedom Mobile, the company has started rolling out its Extended Range LTE in the Greater Toronto Area.
Freedom Mobile’s Extended Range LTE takes advantage of the company’s Band 13 700MHz wireless spectrum, known as the “beachfront property” of airwaves, for its ability to send signals further and penetrate walls, offering better coverage in areas such as parkades, elevators, basements and more.
Greater Toronto Area Extended Range LTE:
- Downtown – Available now in select areas, more to come soon!
- Mississauga – Available now in select areas, more to come soon!
- Brampton – Available now in select areas, more to come soon!
- Pickering – Available now in select areas, more to come soon!
- Milton – Available now in select areas, more to come soon!
- Rest of GTA – Updates coming soon!
Extended Range LTE recently launched for Freedom Mobile customers in Calgary, the BC Lower Mainland, Edmonton and Hamilton.
Shaw acquired 700 MHz and 2500 MHz wireless spectrum licenses last summer from Quebecor, signalling to customers it was ready to improve wireless coverage in Southern Ontario, Alberta and BC to compete with incumbents.
Freedom Mobile has also continued to roll out VoLTE, which is coming soon for Apple iPhone customers.
When will Extended Range LTE reach iPhone customers on Freedom Mobile? The company’s website says it’s “coming soon” for iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max customers.